This episode includes:
- Taylor and guest host Jenn Sparrling define mental health, and what separates an illness from feeling low.
- T and J dispel some common myths about mental illnesses.
- We're joined by the local personality Kelly Hughes, former owner of Aqua Books. He talks about the stressful couple of years he's had, and his battle with depression towards the end of last year.
- Hughes talks about writing online, how it plays to his strengths, and (in a sense) it gets him out of hiding.
- David Skene stops in for a discussion on outsider artists, how they are defined, and how they might be enabled or exploited.
- We share a couple resources to understand and manage mental illnesses:
Mood Disorders Association of Manitoba
YMCA Life and Leisure Program
Klinic Suicide Crisis Hotline @ 204-786-8686
Manitoba Suicide Line @ 1-877-435-7170
Does Taylor lose the game? Y/N